I den senaste versionen av DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) har selektiv ätstörning (Selective Eating Disorder) fått
ett nytt namn: Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID).
DSM-V har inte översatts till svenska än, men såhär lyder diagnoskriterierna på
1. An eating
or feeding disturbance (e.g., apparent lack of interest in eating or food; avoidance based on the sensory characteristics of food; concern about aversive consequences of eating) as manifested by persistent failure to meet appropriate nutritional and/or energy
needs associated with one (or more) of the following:
- Significant weight loss (or failure to achieve expected weight gain or faltering growth
- Significant nutritional deficiency.
- Dependence on enteral feeding
or oral nutritional supplements.
- Marked interference with psychosocial functioning.
2. The disturbance is not better explained by lack of available food or by an associated culturally sanctioned practice.
eating disturbance does not occur exclusively during the course of anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa, and there is no evidence of a disturbance in the way in which one’s body weight or shape is experienced [body image].
4. The eating disturbance is not attributable to a concurrent medical condition or not better explained by another mental disorder. When the eating disturbance occurs in the context
of another condition or disorder, the severity of the eating disturbance exceeds that routinely associated with the condition or disorder and warrants additional clinical attention.